Friday, May 26, 2017

What would I do if I was stranded on an island?


     The book I read was called, Lord of the Flies by William Golding and it is about a group of boys that got stranded on an island and they have to figure out how to get off. The setting is after a war and in the 1950s. The main character is Ralph and he befriends another boy named Piggy and they have a really special bond that is unbreakable. Another character named Jack is the type of character that no one likes. He comes off as a vain boy that cares only about how good he is and how he is better than everyone else. Throughout the book the boys must determine who is worthy of becoming leader, and because of this many chaotic events happen that you did not see coming.

     Now if I ever got stranded on an island I don't think I would be able to stay sane. I hate being in one place for a long period of time so because of this I think I'd go crazy. I'm going to be honest, I think I might be the first to die. I like to explore so my curiosity might get the best of me. This book really taught me how by wanting to be the best, you might actually be the worst. I think this because Jack wants to be the best at everything and because of that he creates events that harm others.

No comments:

Post a Comment